Competition law is at the cornerstone of services provided by Spigulis & Kukainis. Spigulis & Kukainis has represented clients with regard to Competition law issues countless times before the Latvian Competition Law Authority and the European Commission Competition Law Authorities since 2004. Firm Partner Arturs Spigulis is very well known in the Latvian Competition Law Field and by Latvian Competition Law Practitioners, and has a great deal of experience with regard to mergers and receiving approval for same from the Competition Authority, as well as representing clients regarding various breaches of Competition Law.
Arturs has represented clients in competition law matteres before the European Commission, including submitting claims regarding abuse of dominant position and state aid, which continue to be reviewed today.
Spigulis & Kukainis has represented clients numerous times during Dawn Raid inspections, as well as appealing and winning seemingly hopeless cases. Spigulis & Kukainis has also participated in matters that have changed long standing precedent in various areas.
- Evaluation of Latvian Competition Law compliance (dominant position, vertical agreements, horizontal practices / cartels).
- Evaluation of European Union Competition Law compliance
- Examination of prohibited agreements
- Merger Control
- Evaluation of market share and market analysis
- Compliance Consultations – Internal policy formation and consultations (audits / training for employees) for companies approaching dominant position status
- Analysis of mergers and acquisitions for Latvian Competition Law compliance
- Private enforcement
- Public Enforcement
- Unfair competition protection and strategy consultation
- Examination of public procurement regulations