Spigulis & Kukainis has a wealth of litigation experience and have represented clients before ALL instances (levels) of Latvian Civil Courts, ALL instances (levels) of Latvian Administrative Courts, before the Latvian Competition Council, the Latvian State Revenue Service (Latvian tax authority) and before various Latvian Arbitration Courts.
From arguing a decision on issuance of duals citizenship, to a 10 year and 13 court hearing matter against the Riga Free Port for abuse of dominant position (which resulted in a 1 million EUR plus first of its kind judgement regarding damages for the breach of competition law), no job is too big or small.
Litigation is a risk of doing business and must be taken seriously. Extensive litigation experience allows Spigulis & Kukainis to truly understand, not only in theory, how laws are interpreted by the court and actually work in practice.
Spigulis & Kukainis understands that the best option sometimes is an out of court settlement, but if litigation is necessary, Spigulis & Kukainis has a team of talented, dedicated attorneys who will strive to understand your goals and the best plan of action.
- Representation before the Courts of the Republic of Latvia
- Latvian District Court
- Latvian Appellate Court
- Latvian Supreme Court
- Latvian Administrative Courts
- Representation before Latvian Arbitration Courts (please note, there are many such courts, and many with dubious reputations)
- Representation before Foreign Arbitration Courts
- Representation before the Latvian Competition Council
- Various matters, too many to note.
- Representation before the Latvian State Revenue Services (the Latvian tax authority)
- Litigation of numerous matters, where the amounts in dispute exceed 1 million Euros.
- Representation before the Latvian Office of Citizenship and Migratory Affairs
- Many clients assisted with regard to dual citizenship requests and investment-based residence permits.